Saturday, July 26, 2008

And I've discovered that my castle stands on pillars of salt and pillars of sand.

I think that maybe we both need to stop pretending that we weren't hurt.
Maybe you're still shaking from it just like me.
Take my hand; stay my trembling fingers.
If you only knew.
...I would never do that to you. Ever.
I'm so tired of false promises.
Sometimes I think you are too.
Thing is, with pain comes wisdom.
I no longer make empty promises.
I know how they tend to turn out.
It's the reason I am so hesitant, so insecure
If you didn't know; if you hadn't've guessed it by now
And you're too special, too incredible to just say it in the moment
I've gotta mean this.
You deserve the very, very, very best.
Can't put enough very's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...