Sunday, February 20, 2011

10 Things To Remember As You Go Through Life

If you know anything about me, you know I do not handle corny, cliche sentiments very well. HOWEVER, I thought I might share a few snippets of an interesting chain-email I received from my mother (who doesn't know that I mentally groan everytime I receive chainletters!)

Written by a 90 year-old woman, so she's been around the block once or twice ;)

1. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
2. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. 
3. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. 
4. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful. 
5. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer. 
6. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special. 
7. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?' 
8. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. 
9. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up. 
10. Yield. 

Life isn't tied with a bow, 
but it's still a gift.  

 Adorable Turquoise Bow Ring by Mirilovelove (me!) on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...