Sunday, February 15, 2009

I don't know why people run. I don't know why things fall through.

I don't know how anybody survives in this life without someone like you.

Will you share your life with me for the next ten minutes?
For the next ten minutes - we can handle that.
We could watch the waves, we could watch the sky,
Or just sit and wait as the time ticks by.
And if we make it 'til then,
Can I ask you again for another ten?
And if you in turn agree to the next ten minutes -
And the next ten minutes - 'til the morning comes.
Then just holding you
might compel me to ask you for more.


[Completed]





















"It's funny how we become increasingly aware of just how many people inhabit this earth when they are every person except the one we are hoping to see."

2 comments:

  1. Amazing poem, Amazing picture, Amazing quote. The quote particularly strikes me, as I am currently living in a country of 1.3 billion, seeing new people every day, yet sometimes.... yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The poem is actually "The Next Ten Minutes" from the musical "The Last Five Years", so I can't take credit, ahah.

    Thanks about the picture, I'm fairly happy with it :)

    Quote by me, actually. While I was contemplating life in Barnes and Noble one day before work... I feel this way a lot. Like, the person you're seeking out could or should be anyone walking through the nearest door at anytime. Sometimes we fool ourselves into believing that if we want it enough, that person will be the next one to enter. It is then that we tangibly and sorrowfully realize that every single other person in this world is near but the one we want. We become so acutely aware of every other person and just how "not them" they really are. It's like a bad taste on the tongue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...