Monday, February 2, 2009

Confessor's Face

The sky is terminally gray today, or so it seems. I became spoiled with the sunshine yesterday as I walked through Central Park with DJ, taking our coats off as we skirted back from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I let it soak too far into my veins, forgetting that we were still stuck in desolate, unyielding February. I used to think that if I could get to December, then I would be okay; now I find myself looking to springtime to lift my spirits. I suppose this is a natural cycle, given that the only reasons I really like winter are snow and Christmas. I prefer when everything is green, when you step outside and the warm air raises the hair on your arms, when I can be sitting in the grass, when I can open the windows, when thunderstorms decorate the dark sky of late-afternoon, when I can wear skirts. I seem to be waiting for some event, some turning point in time to let me decide to take more steps forward in my own heart to continue this cliche, awful, beautiful journey. I don't know what it is. I don't know what I am waiting for, really. Something.



It's snowing again, and I have so much to do.

A few favourites from DJ and my NYC photoshoot.
*Please check out my art website and facebook for more.














"I'd like to say that you're my only fear
And when I dream it slowly disappears
And when I wake
I'm right there by your side
to feel your heart beat in and out of time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...