Sunday, August 14, 2011

Taking a step back.

What's on your list?


So, there's no timid way of saying this... 
I have decided for a number of financial reasons to defer my entrance into Grad School until after the New Year. I should be entering in the beginning of January. I wanted to be able to save some more money and revamp my scholarship opportunities so that I would be able to fully focus on my studies, instead of being so worried about finances that it would be a distraction and I wouldn't be able to do my best work (that's why I'm there, right?).

I honestly feel very at peace about the decision, even though it was one that has kept me awake many nights. But as I'm still in an uncertain financial spot as it is, any thoughts or prayers for steady work would be loved and appreciated.

6 comments:

  1. I want a library like on Beauty & The Beast, as well! Also, It makes a lot of sense to try to save up before going to Grad School. I will be sure to send some prayers your way. Work is hard to find, everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that opening to the post! :D
    I want to be more organized!

    Hi! Found you on the: "Blogging Buddies" Etsy team :) I am your newest follower, hope you can stop by my blog: www.manoymetal.blogspot.com & follow too!
    Have a great day :)

    Des, Mano y Metal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle - I know! That library is magical ;) Thanks for the prayers, they are much appreciated! :)

    Mano y Metal - So glad you found me! Gonna check out your blog :) Thanks for stopping by and for the comment and support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm, our lists are pretty much identical, well other than the classical music and eating sushi lists. I've never really given classical music a fair shot and I'm a vegetarian. :)

    Beautiful site and art work, btw. I Stumbled upon this and I think I'll be back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tati, hahaha... we both must just have good taste then ;) If you want classical music, check out Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake :) Thank you so much for the compliments, please do stop back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad to read you're the decision to enter grad school when you're financially ready. Your blog interests me and I'll keep the lookout for updates. Cheers!

    x. Lilly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...