Sunday, June 21, 2009

Take Every Chance You Dare

"Will strangers hear our names long after we are gone, and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved?"

[Work in Progress - ignore my scribblies, please]















After talking to my dad on the phone for awhile today, I continue to remember when he said, "You will know when you are in the right situation." I have noticed that, like many of my friends, we all have our own ways of dealing with the post-graduation-f*-I-dunno-what-to-do-with-my-life blues. Mine has been an underlying sense of panic and frustration that only surfaces when I am not running around like a crazy person doing ten million things at once. The road ahead is strangely uncertain, especially when I turn around to see a neatly paved street behind me, clearly marked and flagged with directions. I look ahead to see hundreds of paths, like streaming tributaries from a great, wide river. I long for "the right situation", and the most frustrating part is that I have no idea what it will look like, though I apparently will know when it arrives.

This season can only be known as my Painted Summer, where I make the choices that point me ahead, where I decorate myself with all that I hold dear, pack it close, and carry it along the road like a thousand glittering jewels.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...