Friday, May 8, 2009

"Today my life begins."

Your life is supposed to begin after college, right? I have never felt that way and I don't know why. In fact, I feel stuck. I feel like every door I reach for is shut towards me. I feel like a carving on a facade... etched and packed in one singular way, never to break free because the wall behind me is connected to every root and vein and muscle, clamping me down, unwilling to let me move.

Being a grownup is hard. You try and make the best decisions for yourself, you try and be smart. And sometimes it backfires. You no longer have the security of a plan, the future is open. You don't know who you'll end up with, where you'll end up at, and sometimes it seems like there are no speed limit signs or road markers. You do the best you can because you don't know how to do anything else.

I want someone who understands. I want someone who loves me for me.

This week:_______//
{Saturday: Musical Movie night with Kori}
{Sunday: Mama's Day at home with my incredible mother <3}
{Monday: Last calling shift of my first year as Annual Giving Coordinator}
{Tuesday: First free night of the summer, which can only mean lots of art, tea, and 24!}
{Wednesday: Dinner with my Daddy!}
{Thursday: Auditions with Amber for "The Wiz"}
{Friday: Out with everyone before graduation}
{Saturday: Graduation <3 Oh my word, it's been a year.}

"So, let me say before we part:
So much of me is made of what I learned from you,
You'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart.
And now whatever way our stories end,
I know you have rewritten mine by being my friend."

3 comments:

  1. ok just read my most recent post--we are very much on the same page erin...haha. It is good to know though, lets keep in touch alright? I think we can relate alot to each other. I'm always here.

    It was truly great to spend the night with you Saturday; chinese, hookah, wine, evita, short skirts and tights haha and quote of the night
    "calm down buddy, its only harrisburg!"
    ... and your freakin' amazing Pip impressions! I told my niece about them and I'm sure she'd crack up as I did if she got to hear them. Maybe we'll meet up at Graduation!!

    musical buddies fo life? lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...