Monday, May 4, 2009

A Nun in the Sun

I am fed up. I am done. I am running in the other direction so my head won't spin with nonsense any longer and I won't want to continually claw my eyes out.

I am so exhausted with grown men acting like little boys. I know now that it is a choice to trust, not an ability; but I am not sure I could say with any great confidence that I would ever believe that a man would ever have the honour he says he has.

[ Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.]
I find my refuge only in the Lord; He is the place I seek so many times a day when I lose faith in those around me and feel frustrated with things in my life. God has carried me through my own bloody battles so many times; my feet dangle while He grips me in His arms and walks steadily through countless mine fields. He cleanses my wounds; He restores my soul. Even though I feel so lonely, like I have never been before; You never said it would be easy - but You sent my Saviour through the storm.

"I call, You hear me
I've lost it all,
and it's more than I can bear.
I feel so empty.
You're strong, I'm weary.
I'm holding on, but I feel like giving in...
but still, You're with me.

And even though I'm walking through the valley of the shadow
I will hold tight to the hand of Him
Whose love will comfort me.
And when all hope is gone,
And I've been wounded in the battle,
He's all the strength that I will ever need.
He will carry me.

I know I'm broken
But You alone can mend this heart of mine
You're always with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...