Tuesday, April 28, 2009

You have my Attention

I love moments like these, where I can just sit and listen to the breeze through the trees outside my apartment. The noises of the passing cars comfort me; mainly because, when I was a kid, I lived on a busy road and heard cars all night through my open window. It was stifling hot because we had no AC... I used to lie with the sheets between my toes, listening to the cars passing me by. I love the heat of summer, and especially the thunderstorms and the hot rain. I used to feel so safe, with my dolls in the corner, and my arms cupped around my PuddleDuck and Kangaroo.

Tomorrow I will be potting all my little plant-babies. I love making things grow, and watching them take root and spread out in all my little pots. I'm growing an herb garden, and today I just got Monk's Hood, Purple Coneflower, White Ivy, and Daisies.

I am so excited about this Saturday it shouldn't even be allowed. All of my favourites in one place. Me, Amber, Sarah, Kori, DJ, Andrea, Katrina, BJ and the boys, and Chad, Cory, and Amanda :) It will be so nice to all be together to have dinner and then go out! Really, really excited!

For my Grad School Portfolio, a Work in Progress: Charcoal, Gesso, India Ink, Coloured Pencil, and Oil Colour (soon to be added)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...