Tuesday, April 14, 2009

If I ever got rich, I'd give a lot away.

I love the music of Lord of the Rings.

I read that the art we create in our minds is often better and therefore stifles the creation of work in reality. I suffer from this. I lay still, motionless, living in my mind, letting beauty fill in the gaps between my eyes. I am afraid that the things I achieve in my thoughts are too advanced for the work of my hands to conceive, let alone master.

I dreamed last night that I held a little blue sparrow in my hands. You strode through the door, and plucked its feathers, skinned it to the bone it in a matter of moments... and then left without a word, showing the true colours of your cowardice. As I watched your back, I wondered if I could ever forgive you. I looked down at the blood that speckled my hands and the tile floor. It evaporated, and behind me I heard a flutter. I turned and saw a peacock standing there; I followed it into the sunlight.

You say, "Seek and ye shall find." Please let me find, and soon. Some days I am filled with unspeakable anger, though it drives me to be the best I can be to show you exactly how strong I am; exactly how much I can endure; and how you cannot conquer me, how you cannot steal from me, how you cannot rob me again.

Everything precious to me seems lost.

2 comments:

  1. Amen. You should read some of the books I write in my mind. They're pretty amazing. And intensely profound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad,

    I'll bet :) Funny how when things actually manifest themselves in reality, it's sadly not so glorious as we thought it to be?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...