Saturday, November 15, 2008

People wonder why I'm so cynical

Sometimes I think I should just become a nun. I would not be a very good nun, this is for sure, but at least it would seem to solve some of my problems.

Met the sweetest guy tonight. What's your name? You look really pretty. You look like you're so much fun. I have no idea how to dance with a girl.

Now, here's the question of the day: why isn't it right when it's not you?
Now, here's the question of the century: if I'm so awesome, why do you all turn and run as soon as things might go somewhere? As soon as you might have to stick one damn toe out of your damn comfort zone? As soon as you THINK I might need something more, even though you never even had the bravery to ask, and if you did you would've found that I wasn't ready either? That all I wanted was to have fun?

I am convinced beyond all other persuasion that men lack 99.9% of the courage women possess. Daily I am impressed with the women in my life and how they handle different situations and relationships. I am constantly depressed with men's lack of courage and understanding. The women in my life inspire me with their confidence, while the men in my life disappoint me with their insecurities. I mean, grow some balls and come talk to me if that's what you want. It's not that hard.

GOSH.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, I can understand/agree with that at times. I know I'm just now starting to get past my own insecurities and begin to think that maybe, just perhaps, I do have something to offer/ people like/ not be rejected. Its tough sometimes. But I think I'm finally begin to get there. Its a growing process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly is a growing process. But at some point, you just have to take that first step instead of continuing to waiting for someone else to make the first move.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...