Monday, November 10, 2008

"The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8

I have often asked, "Who am I in Christ?" I'm pretty sure I know where I stand; God has given me many gifts, but this past Sunday's sermon brought up an interesting question when our pastor mentioned, "Who does God say you are?". This certainly wasn't the focal point of the sermon and was merely a thought in a sequence to lead to another point, but I found myself thinking entirely about this one question during the rest of the service (I still did try to pay attention, though!)

Who do You say I am?

I have no idea.

I hope You'd say good things, though. I am trying to make You proud.

It is extremely comforting to read and reread verses in which I am reminded that I am not alone in times of struggle. "The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you,": I can think of no better encouragement. I am just trying to get through this time at work with air left in my lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...