Sunday, November 30, 2008

Old Memories, New Art.

I still think of you, you were my best friend... but I can't feel anything for you because of what happened.

"It took too long, it took too long, it took too long, for you to call back,
And normally I would just forget that!
Except for the fact it was my birthday
My stupid birthday!

I played along, I played along, I played along,
Rolled right off my back!
But obviously my armor was cracked,
What kind of a boyfriend would forget that?
Who would forget that!"


I never forgot, so we can never be together again.

I often think about what happened in my past relationships, and though it is sometimes hard to be single I am finding that it's nice to concentrate on who I am. Someone suggested taking time to celebrate the person I am and do the things I want. I am taking up photography. I will do more art. I will colour outside the lines. I am moving to New York City. I will be somebody.

How I miss the times when I let my hair down, when I shook it out, when I scribbled madly and made something beautiful, when I rocked out. When I didn't have to shove myself into work pants and trot around acting professional and pretend to be something I'm not when all I want is to be creative and touch others with my creation and be the fun, crazy, messy, beautiful me that I like best.

Finally, over break I got a chance to draw what I wanted.
Lyliac, my oldest and most beloved character, with new costume. She was a healer, light magess, and librarian. She lost all of her memories of her home and her husband, but keeps a tiny painting of her cherished son within the locket she's holding. Please forgive me for the sketch quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...