Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Sound of Silence

Tonight I hopped a plane, sketched for 2 hours up in the sky, and landed in damp, muggy Baltimore. One of my favourite parts about coming home is walking my sweet little dog down the dark, wet  streets of my neighborhood. We're out in the country, so everything smells green and the air hangs on you. Most people don't like that kind of weather; but it's my favourite. It's nice to walk in silence, and look up through the trees, see the stars, and feel incredibly small.

Hello, darkness, my old friend; I've come to talk with you again.
Because a vision softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping.
And the vision that was planted in my brain still remains,
within the sound of silence.



Composite photos © erin mcmanness + found text


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...