Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy October

{ photo via pinterest.com }

Today I woke up in my sweatpants to the chilly air pricking at my arms and the leaves swaying outside the window like golden swatches of paint blotting the dull gray sky. My boyfriend pulled me out on the deck and said, "Babe, doesn't it smell like fall?" He was right; it did. The boards of the deck were damp and chilly on my bare feet, and he had never looked better to me, standing there in his sweatpants in the cool air, but I don't think he knew that I was thinking that; he pointed to the deer standing a few feet away in the yard.

Something about the cool air makes for more poignant memories, I think.


A Pumpkin Spice themed treasury I was featured in that was too darling to pass up putting on my blog in celebration of October, that lovely month filled with red & orange leaves, hot apple cider, slow guitars & gentle voices, cold noses & good kisses, scarves, and chilly mornings.


What are your fall traditions? What are you going to be for Halloween?

My mister and I are going as Han Solo and Princess Leia (yay nerds!), and we're hoping to make it up to the RenFest to have turkey legs and pints of ale. My little sister and I are going to run through the giant corn maze up in Lancaster, and carve pumpkins together :)

Happy October, lovely birds ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...