Thursday, June 3, 2010

Trading West for East

It is a haunting thing when you realize that that "someday" is now "tomorrow".

I have been living in LA for nearly a year now, and on Saturday I am flying back to the East Coast to find a job on that side of the world. My time in the Sunshine State has been eye-opening, refreshing, and one huge learning experience, and despite being homesick, now that the time to leave it has arrived, I feel strangely tied to this place.

Maybe if I continue to sit on the couch and not pack my stuff, maybe time will stop and I won't have to move. But, like all things in life, things change. I haven't even been sad until this moment. I don't view this as a sad move. I am excited to see my friends and family, and I'm excited to be back where I grew up, where I feel really safe; I'm excited for new adventures. But it's no secret that I'll deeply miss my man-friend, one of the rocks of my life. It just won't be the same.

I am afraid that I am leaving opportunities for dead-ends. Ironically enough, I stumbled upon this quote, which I will leave you all with:

{ You must once and for all give up being worried about successes and failures. }

"Bang Bang Mrs. Wow" by Erin McManness
2010
www.lii-chan.deviantart.com

3 comments:

  1. Erin, wow you're leaving?? What are you applying for back home? Are you returning to pa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kori,

    Yea. I'm actually really unhappy with my decision to leave Cali at this point... I'm not returning to PA, I just don't see my career going anywhere while living there. I will be looking for jobs up in NYC :)

    How is Arizona? :) How is your job?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I said it on your DA but this really is superb ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...