Monday, August 24, 2009

So I'll Stand

"Lord Jehovah reigns in majesty
We will bow before His throne
We will worship Him in righteousness
We will worship Him alone.

He is Lord of Heaven,
Lord of earth,
He is Lord of all who live
He is Lord of all the universe
All praise to Him we give.

O Hallelujah to the King of Kings,

Hallelujah to the Lamb!
Hallelujah to the Lord of Lords,
who is the Great I Am."

So, what can I say? And what can I do? But offer this heart, O God, completely to You?

There are so many times in life where I am halted in my tracks by God's faithfulness. I don't know if I got lucky with extra blessings or what, but lately I am finding more than ever that God is making Himself more and more evident to me. I have found such joy where I never thought I could; I have found independence and peace growing in places I thought I would only find brokenness and pain. I started writing this entry in the very exact physical location in which I thought my heart may never mend again. Of course, I realized this halfway through a post about God's faithfulness and the overwhelming joy and thankfulness within my heart, 2 days before the one year marker of being my own small unit again. And what a year it has been. I can't help but reflect on God's provision in my life; how He has restored my soul; how He has lit up my heart. How He can make me laugh with His irony. Here I sit in a very real reminder of pain, and yet I see it now only as a place of redemption. I see only a place that God has made clean. A place I look upon with fresh eyes and am reminded of this verse (which is ironically the Verse of the Day),

"I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live." - Psalm116:1-2

It is true: Lord Jehovah reigns in supreme, unending, unyielding majesty. He is the Lord of the Universe; the King of my heart.

And if you ever read this, I forgive you. And I just wish I could give you a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...