Monday, August 24, 2009

HUGE NEWS MY DEARS <3

BIG NEWS

I GOT THE INTERNSHIP I REALLY WANTED!!!!

The internship is with Fashion Designer Ximena Valero! I love her work! I am so incredibly excited to work with her – but I am in shock!!! I just got the email a few minutes ago and I’m sitting here ready to go to bed. I feel like I should be celebrating this chance of a lifetime! Man, I wish I had gone out earlier and bought that bottle of wine I had thought about. Nuts! Oh well – tomorrow I’ll treat myself to something sweet to eat and maybe some classy drinks. I start September 7th, so I have about 2 weeks to figure out how the heck I’m gonna move my car out there and get everything set up. Fortunately, I have one of the best friends EVER who has offered to let me stay with him temporarily. What a blessing.

Ahem. Anyways… as an intern I will be doing pretty much anything I can to help out Ximena: running errands to get supplies and fabric, Fed-Exing everything, doing some PR work, contacting magazines, helping with photoshoots, and helping with any runway shows she might have during the time of my internship. I am so thrilled to be diving in and getting some fantastic experience, and Ximena and her business partner Jaime are the most welcoming, nicest people. I am absolutely starstruck. And very, very happy.

2 comments:

  1. wow erin, i am so proud and happy for you! i will call you soon/or write you, its been too long! :)love ya

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...