Thursday, July 23, 2009

Update, Update [I lack a creative title]

Hey little muffins <3

So much going on right now - I am loving life :) A lot of you know that I left my job at Messiah - my last official day was Friday, the 17th, which was coincidentally Opening Night of The Wiz. The Wiz has been going really well. I can't believe that this is the last weekend already! I was asked by the director to do most of the scenic work, which was awesome and I was so honoured to be a part of the show in that way as well :) Not to mention that I love dancing it! I also got the opportunity to design Dorothy's Silver Silvers. Did you know that the original slippers in the 1930's film were actually silver, but because of the premiere of colour TV, they changed them to ruby red to wow viewers? Neat, huh? After Taryn, our Dorothy, suggested that I sell pairs of silver slippers at the show, I talked to our director, and now I have been designing Silver Slippers for a lot of girls in the cast :) What a hit - yay! Here are some sneak peeks of the shoes I've been working on:





















And the sweet little packaging:
















I am currently watching Iron Chef - there are so many reasons why I absolutely LOVE this show. Did you know that in China they have "Forbidden Black Rice", which got its name because originally only emperors could use/eat it. Ho'yea. Trivia of the Day!

Ahem. Anyways... back to the art. I've taken on commissions on some of my favourite things!

Starwars: Princess Savess Palpatine (Original Character) - to be painted.





















Aaaaannnd World of Warcraft: Aetharis and Aetherli, the Draenei (Original Characters) - completed.





















Up next I will be doing some Harry Potter fanart (By the way, I loved The Half-Blood Prince - it was awesome. I didn't want to go back to the drama of Voldemort because Ron was just too darling), and I will also be painting my coworker Monica's precious 1 year old daughter, Kirah <333 She really is just the most beautiful girl. To top it all off, I will also be painting my director and his wife's bathroom and some cabinetry in their home.

Also! Exciting! At Opening Night, I was approached by a writer who asked me to do cover art for his new novel coming out ;) ;)

I will be flying out to LA on August 10th, and I couldn't be more excited. Everything has pointed in that direction... so if you could pray that God would open doors for me, I'd be so thankful. I'm trying to find my place in the world right now. Funnily enough, I just got a letter from Chad today from China (although he's already back, hah!), and it's so good to hear that others are in similar place and are searching for the "right situation", as I described in an earlier post.

I have not figured out when I will be back, but probably I will come back Friday, the 21st. There's 5,000 things going down on the 22nd, and I should be back for all of them.

I'm probably forgetting something, but this is long enough!

3 comments:

  1. oh how i wish i could be there for the WIZ:(

    i can't wait for harry potter, i still haven't seen it!!

    great work erin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and what are the 5000 things going down on the 22 erin? haha. i wish i had money to fly/drive to you in L.A.

    so are you going out to job search or what? do you really like l.a. the city?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey love - as for the 22nd, it's Persy's Wedding, Steph Rajchel's Bridal Shower, and little Grace's 9th birthday. I don't think I'll be able to fit everything in...

    And yes, I have an interview in LA now :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...