Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Collection of Various Thoughts

I am realizing more and more that I am tied to nothing. I can go wherever I want to. Where will I go? What do I want to do? This answer is mine alone and I can already feel my ambition tugging on my sleeve.
Wow.

Where shall I go? Here am I. Send me.
--
My passion is something no one will ever take away from me. You can break me, but you can never take my talents away from me. They will always be with me, making me who I am. I will always be able to find comfort, strength, and satisfaction in them.

--
My faith gets me through every part of every day.

In this time of fear
When prayer so often proved in vain
Hope seemed like the summer birds
Too swiftly flown away
And now I am standing here
With heart so full I can't explain
Seeking faith and speaking words
I never thought I'd say

There can be miracles
When you believe
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve
When you believe
Somehow you will
You will when you believe

Ashira l'adonai ki gaoh ga-ah
Ashira l'adonai ki gaoh ga-ah
Mi chamocha baelim adonai
Mi kamocha nedar bakodesh

Nachita v'chas-d'cha am zu ga-alta
Nachita v'chas-d'cha am zu ga-alta
Ashira ashira ashira


--
The most interesting thing in life is to find yourself in a similar place that you were in before and reflect back on it. I have my moments of doubt and agony, but also of empowerment and determination. Going back and reading through my Livejournal with what happened with Andrew (today is the day) is actually comforting because I know that I have gone through these things before and I still came out having learned a ton about myself, having a stronger, closer walk with Christ, and having found happiness, even if it was fleeting. I know (or at least hope) that my happiness won't always be short-lived.

Last year I wrote,

"This woman knows how to take the broken pieces of her heart and transform them. This woman is confident, strong, beautiful, and intelligent. And when she looks at herself in the mirror, like she said so many months ago, she sees someone worthwhile, loved by God, and loved by her friends and family. And no one can take that away from her."

And it's still true.

2 comments:

  1. i love that song erin (miracles)!

    I am so very glad to hear you reflect and be so strong through all of this:)

    we should sing that song together for coffee house! (just a thought)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kori. :)

    I guess I just figure that this isn't the first time I've done this, and it's certainly not the first time God's done this... so either way I will make it through stronger, having more of an idea of what I need and want for my future and for myself. I try very hard to be a woman of integrity, who learns from her mistakes and grows from her disappointments. The only other option is to fail and to wallow and I don't and can't do that.

    And yes, we should definitely sing that for coffeehouse :) I love that song, too! Prince of Egypt is one of my most favourite movies of all time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...