Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Florence + the Machine

Another digital portrait in my portfolio series. 
I chose Florence because she has been the musical inspiration behind many of my paintings, and is usually my go-to for jam sessions with my sketchbook!

1. To make these portraits, I create the sketches (based on a variety of photos) traditionally, in my sketchbook.
2. I scan them in and arrange them together.
3. From there, I digitally line some of the sketches in Photoshop, and lay in custom textures, 
4. Splash on a little colour and BAM!

The rest is magic... or more realistically, coffee ;)

{ image (c) erin mcmanness 2012 - if you repin/repost, please credit / link back }

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work (as usual!). Photoshop IS magic. I also really enjoy tinkering in Illustator. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, Illustrator is tough for me, I am envious!

      Delete
  2. You make it sound so easy! It looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, once you get the hang of it, it's pretty simple :) Thanks, lady!

      Delete
  3. That is very smart, and beautiful. Well done. Thanks for the great share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So welcome! thank you for reading and for the compliments!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!

    Just FYI - I just tried to click your Pinterest button and I kept getting a 404 error. You may want to check your link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, thank you so much for letting me know! It's fixed now :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...