Friday, January 22, 2010

I am not the sidewalk.

Today is a prime example of why I make art. Sometimes I find that it is the only escape from bullshit people. If I want to make a world that's full of hate, I paint a world that's full of hate. If I want to create the most beautiful being on earth, I create the most beautiful thing I can think of. Characters that have the power to look past despair, monsters that can't feel anything at all, heroines that kick peoples ass, gentlemen with flowers, little boys and girls without a care in the world, ladies with cats on their heads because they're silly and old, wizards, and dragons, and people that fly. Angels and shadows and lovely girls and gallant men. Fish that turn into people, evil queens, and mystical old men with long fuzzy beards.

Here, I don't have to deal with people who promise me things, work me to the bone, and never make good on their words - rather, promise me EVERYTHING and give me NOTHING after I held up my end of the bargain; here I don't have to think about stupid managers that don't care if you need your paycheck to survive, who can be rude because they feel like it.

I am so fed up. I think my biggest pet peeve is people who make and break bargains; if you make a bargain with me, I hold up my end because I expect you to do the same. I am SO tired of people thinking they can walk all over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...