Friday, February 7, 2014

Back to Blogging

As usual, I am late to the party (perhaps fashionably?). I'll spare you the details about reasons why I dropped off the face of the blogging planet since October, let's just call it "grad school", capiche?

The truth is, my job has inspired me to start blogging again. My boss is an extremely gifted and smart marketer and entrepreneur, and as I have taken on a creative role in her business, I have begun to think a lot about my own restless blog. The truth is, I miss blogging. I like sharing my process, and with the advent of my passionate love affair with Instagram, I sort of replaced one with the other. I want to make a concerted effort to update here though, and share a little bit more insight than what one picture and a bunch of hashtags can do.

So without further ado, 


And let's get back on the bus. 
If I haven't posted in a week or so, you all have permission to call me names.

It's early February in Atlanta, and I survived the 2 inches of Snowpocalypse that turned the city into The Walking Dead. This native Northerner laughed over the dusting of snow (... until her car died in the middle of rush hour traffic and whipping snowflakes and angry people. All ended well though.)

I am working on my thesis and am about to graduate with my MFA, and it's a strange feeling. I am very happy at my job, and have taken on several freelance assignments, and will be exhibiting my work in a number of places this Spring. I'm curious where 2014 will take me, but I have a good feeling about it.

And I gave this sleepy blog a fresh face lift. Nice, eh?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/170378696/illustrated-quote-party-cake-sweets
Art Print $22

1 comment:

  1. well I'm glad you're back on the bus. just found you via etsy blog team. love your header and art. love your boss's daycare photo book. it rocks. happy to connect.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...